At the heart of the Justin Sportsmedicine TeamÂ® are the Justin Mobile Sportsmedicine Centers, the vehicles that serve as the normal bases of operation for the Justin team. The first fully equipped and self-contained medical center was introduced to the rodeo cowboy at the National Finals Rodeo in 1982. The Justin Boot Company has the distinct privilege of providing the first mobile sports medicine service vehicle to the world of professional sports in North America.
The three Mobile Sportsmedicine Centers consist of custom designed 40-foot Bloomer trailers with interior conversions by Cowboy Classics Interiors, pulled behind Dodge one-ton dually pick-up trucks. These units cover over 87,000 miles a year providing comprehensive medical services to the men and women of the PRCA and the WPRA.
Through the innovation of the Justin Mobile Sportsmedicine Centers, sophisticated medical equipment is now available directly to the rodeo athlete at the large outdoor rodeos attended by the Justin Sportsmedicine TeamÂ®.
Among The Modalities And Devices In The Mobile SportsMedicine Centers:
- Computerized injury statistics and individual computerized medical history records
- Television monitors, dvd players and computers that provide education for pre-conditioning and rehabilitation
- SPORTX PGS and EMS+2 and Compex electrical muscle stimulation units
- Microwave/convection oven to prepare special casting and padding materials
- Diagnostic and minor surgery equipment
- Full line of braces and splinting materials
- Hot and cold therapeutic packs
- Treatment and taping tables
- Climate-controlled air-conditioning, hot-water heaters, ice machines and refrigerators